…This may initially appear as a wise-crack answer, but the answer is, “It depends”. For example, we created a chart of differences between Act! and WiredContact and came up with 40 different nuances among the features for one client.
- Do you want the software On Premise (One Time Fee + Optional Software Maintenance) or On Demand (Monthly Fee) ?
- What are the results you want out of the database ? Call Reports ? Sales Forecasts ? Marketing Lists ?
- How Do You Want to Access the Data ? Windows ? MacOS ? iOS? Android? Blackberry? via Web Browser ? Offline ?
- How Deep Are Your Security Rules Among Staff ?
- Does It Need to Access Accounting Data like Quickbooks, Sage 50 (Peachtree) or Sage 100 (MAS/90) ?
- Do You Need It to Integrate with Microsoft Office ?
- Do You Want to Automate Workflow ?
- Will it Integrate with E-Mail Marketing programs like SwiftPage, Constant Contact or MailChimp ?
- Will it Integrate with Your Phone System ?
For example, here are the programs we support in-house, assuming 5 new users with a non-entry level version of the program.
|Product||On Premise||Software Maintenance||On Demand
|Act! Premium – Self-Hosted||$500/user||Includes 1st Year Only||$25/user/month
Client Provides Hardware or
MondoCRM Act! Hosting Service
|Act! Premium Subscription||N/A||Included||$50/User/Month
with our Hosting Service
|BigContacts||N/A||Included||$20/month for 1000 Contacts
$50/month for 5000 Contacts
|Microsoft Dynamics Hosted||N/A||Included||$65/user/month|
Paid Yearly in Advance
|WiredContact Enterprise||$329/User||Includes 1st Year. $25/User/Year for Year 2+||$65/user/Month|