After struggling for several years to find an affordable solution to create an Act! business card scanner for Android, Blackberry or iPhone to take a picture of a business card; then, get it to Act! without being a coder or selling expensive hardware that sits on a shelf for one purpose.
Here are the system requirements:
- Act! v18.2+ Premium with a current subscription
- Create a free account from Zapier. The free option suits a typical Act! installation
- Create a free account from FullContact, The free version suits our requirements
- This procedure assumes an Act! Premium for Windows (not Web) installation
- Install Act! Premium v18.2+ as a full install. An inline upgrade won’t activate the URL needed for the Web API
- In Act!, find Act! Connect (View -> Act! Connect), and copy the URL in the top screen
- In Zapier, create a Zap from FullContact to Act! Premium as shown in the video.
- Download FullContact business card reader to your smartphone.
- From the FullContact app, take a picture of a business card. Their service includes 10 free transcriptions, or you can just translate to text manually
- Once the card is saved, it will show up in Act! without your intervention!
If you need help setting up Act!, Zapier, FullContact , freel free to contact us.