Introduced in v18.2, Act! Connect is a new feature in Act! that allows any web developer to make updates to Act! records via the REST API. Think of the REST API as a “universal translator” between disparate websites and applications hosted on the Web.
For non-coders like us, we’ll use Zapier instead. Zapier is a service that helps you connect different applications without knowing how to code. Zapier offers a free version with some billable upgrades that integrates Act! and hundreds of other apps without learning code.
Here are some ideas:
- When a new lead comes in from your website using WuFoo, automatically create a contact in Act!. Sample
- Scan a business card into Act! from your mobile phone
- Automatically adding new subscribers (contacts) from MailChimp automatically go into Act! as contacts
- Automatically adding new contacts from Constant Contact sign up forms automatically go into Act! as contacts
- Automatically add Google Contacts to Act! contacts
- Automatically add Eventbrite attendees as Act! contacts
Tech notes if you want to know more:
- The REST API for Act! was introduced in v17.1, and if you installed Act! Premium for Web; then, the REST API was available. However, 90% of Act! clients didn’t have this. So, in Act! v18.2, Swiftpage partnered with Cloud Elements that creates all the work to enable the REST API without installing the infrastructure locally.